Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Maggie is making such strides in her therapy and her days at home. She seems to look at people more, in the eyes, which is a huge step. She is also making her requests known better. She brings you stuff that she wants and uses her sign language for "more" and "drink" and "eat". But she still has such a long way to go.

She still is mostly silent, making only noises and babbles when she feels like it. She is so caught up in her own little world in her mind and I so want to be a part of it that it almost hurts. For as much progress as she has made, it seems at times she reverts and things look hopeless again. I don't want to feel like that, but I want to fully know my little girl. She is an Angel and so full of life and joy. I know she has so much to give, that I can only pray that she breaks out of this to rise above her current state.

The therapists seem optimistic and I try to remain on the upwards thinking, but I know there is so much more to her than just these little glimspes we get every now and then.

She has yet to eat regularly either, which is another concern. I know the therapists address it and so do we. All we can do is continue on the course that we are. Because what she has is such a new study, there is nothing else we can do. I wish there were a cure-all fix once and for all, but science is still working on that.

I love her so much and she continues to enrich our lives. And she really is doing much better than only a year ago. So, there is always hope that keeps burning in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment